Using Google AdSense to monetize your online business website is one of the easiest and most effective methods of monetization. However, although it seems simple, there are still some skills you can use for ultimate success. In this article, we will give you some practical ways on how to make money with Google AdSense by optimizing your ads.
BUT WAIT! – We've done the research and there's actually a better Ad network than Google AdSense! It's called Ezoic and it's the best in our opinion because we've seen over 30% increase in revenue with Ezoic over other Ad platforms and its a lot easier to join compared to every other platform we've reviewed. So, if you want to try Google AdSense then read on, but if you want to check out Ezoic for increasing your website revenues, then click the banner below to find out more about Ezoic – The Highest Paying Ad Platform who is a Google-Certified Partner.
How Does Google AdSense Work?
Google AdSense is a network connecting advertisers and publishers. As a website publisher, you connect your website to the advertising network and give advertisers a platform to bid for displaying their ads on your website. If a visitor to your website clicks on an ad, you get paid a portion of the advertiser’s fee. Google takes the rest.
How to Apply for an AdSense Account
Google is picky about who they let into their advertising network. This is so they can maintain the integrity of their network and only advertise quality sites. Here are the basic requirements you need to meet to get an AdSense account.
- You must be over 18 years old
- You must have an active Gmail account that’s not linked to an existing AdSense account
- You must have a website that meets Google’s terms of service
There are a few additional requirements that are recommended to ensure your acceptance to the AdSense network. These include having at least 30 pages of content on your website that is unique, having a website at least three months old, and having a website with a decent traffic level. The more traffic you generate on your website, the more earning potential it has.
It usually takes 24-48 hours to receive approval from Google AdSense, but sometimes it can take up to two weeks.
Types of AdSense Ads
It’s essential to understand the different types of ads that AdSense generates to maximize your revenue. Five different types of ad units run through AdSense.
Display ad units fit in most screen sizes and are very responsive. They can also be configured to run on mobile pages.
These are ads that fit within a sidebar, feed, or list. They have a natural flow within your content and provide a better user experience for your site visitors.
These ads fit into the content of your article without disrupting the reader’s experience.
Matched Content Ads
Google places ads that recommend your site content to users, helping to increase your pageviews and potential for ad clicks.
Ads place in a text-link format display topics relevant to your page's content.
How to Make Money with Google AdSense
The Mindset for Successful Google Adsense Advertising
When you get started with Google AdSense, don’t expect success to happen overnight. It can take a couple of weeks for your numbers to go up, even if you’re doing all the right things. These right things include:
- Complying with Google policies
- Giving your ads at least 70% visibility
- Publishing high-quality, engaging content
- Not flooding your site with ads
Make Changes One at a Time So You Can Evaluate Their Impact
Each time you change your site advertising, take the time to find out whether it has a negative or positive result. Both on your income and on your website traffic. Experiment with your ad optimization strategy to find out which one works the best. Display ads are usually the best place to start, but there are several things you can play with to see what works:
- Ad placement
- Ad size
- Ad format or color scheme
- Number of ads on a single page
- Auto ads
- Running AdSense on Google Ad Manager
- Running AdSense without an ad server
Have a plan for your advertising, make one change at a time, set a timeline for when you will evaluate, make other changes according to your results.
Easy-to-Use Adsense Optimization Techniques
Once you get used to Google AdSense and start generating some income, you can look into optimization. There are two powerful ways to do this:
Auto ads allow Google to do most of the work for you. Google will automatically insert ads onto your website and optimize them. They won’t override your existing ad units. In addition, you can select to only use certain types of advertisements with auto ads.
Sticky Ad Units
Sticky or anchor ads stay in a fixed position on the screen while a user scrolls down the page. These ads have higher visibility and usually increased ad revenue. However, Google AdSense has some restrictions on how you can implement Sticky ads, so make sure to read through them before implementation.
Pros of Making Money With Google AdSense
- It’s free to use
- Eligibility is fairly simple
- Variety of ad options
- Google pays monthly via direct deposit
- You can run ads on multiple websites with one AdSense account
- You can run ads on mobile devices
- You can add AdSense to Blogger and YouTube accounts
Cons of Making Money With Google Adsense
- Google is not forgiving. They will terminate your account for breaking the rules even once
- You need website traffic to generate income
- Clicking on AdSense ads takes traffic away from your site
- It doesn’t pay any better than other similar ad programs
- Top tips for maximizing income for your online business with AdSense
Follow Google’s Rules
- Don’t click on your own ads or ask others to do so; it’s against the rules
- Have great content that attracts readers
- Use organic traffic building website marketing techniques such as SEO
- Optimize your website or blog for mobile devices
- Test different ad types and placements to see which ones lead to the highest amount of income
- Max out your ad placement on your webpage
- Place leaderboard ads below your header instead of at the top of your page for more visibility
- Make use of in-content ads
- Evaluate your results
- Read Google’s emails. They will send out warnings if they don’t like something on your website.
- Protect your site from invalid traffic
If you receive invalid traffic to your website, Google will terminate your AdSense account. This includes click bots, accidental clicks, and site publishers clicking on their own ads. There is a service called TrafficCop that can detect and prevent invalid traffic from clicking on your ads. However, it’s highly recommended that you use some measures to protect your online business from invalid traffic.
What if Your Application to Adsense Isn’t Accepted?
Google is strict about which applications it accepts, and some website publishers don’t get approved. While AdSense is one of the best ad networks, there are alternatives to try if you don’t get accepted. Adjust your mindset into one that is willing to test different options for monetizing your website. Not every ad is created equal and what works to generate revenue is different for every website. Check out our list below for some good alternative ad networks to Google AdSense.
How Much Does Adsense Pay Per 1000 Views?
The amount you earn per click with AdSense depends on the ad that receives the click. As a website publisher, you will receive 68% of the click amount that Google charges. The per-click commission rate ranges between $0.20 and $15, and the amount depends on the niches of your ad. The majority of niches pay less than $3 per click.
How Do I Make $100 a Day on AdSense?
There are some steps you can take for how to make money with Google AdSense consistently
- Develop a Blog and a YouTube Channel for the Same Niche
- Make videos and blog posts that promote each other. This drives traffic to both sites, regardless of which one takes off first
- Follow the YouTube guidelines
- Maximize ad space within your blog without disrupting the user experience. If you use Google’s auto ads feature, Google can optimize ad placement for you. As a result, you will have more time to focus on creating content while maximizing ad revenue
- Make daily content
- Place your focus on keywords that will dominate search rankings
- Build an email list. An email list allows you to get subscribers to your blog that aren’t following you on social media
- Study what your competitors are doing. Find out what is giving your competition top-ranking and make better content
- Track successes and failures with ads
- Go through your analytics daily so you can make changes accordingly
Can Google AdSense Make You Rich?
You are probably not going to get rich using Google AdSense. If you put the time and effort into maximizing your ad profits, however, you can turn it into a regular income stream.
How Much Does Adsense Cost?
Google AdSense is free to use.
Recommendations for Alternatives to Google AdSense
Ezoic is a Google-certified partner. They implement web testing and recommend improvements to optimize the experience of site users. Ezoic tests different site layouts, ad positions, and ad types across various devices to identify what combination generates the most revenue. Because Ezoic is certified by Google, they can display more ads on your website than you’re able to on your own. They can choose high-quality, high-paying ads and ensure they don’t violate any terms of service.
Explicitly designed for niche sites, Infolinks optimizes ad banners with specific niches, such as gaming, finance, entertainment, dating, movies, and videos. In addition, you can choose your payment method or switch methods anytime and disperse payments monthly.
You are now ready to take on the world of Google AdSense and start earning money with your website. Google AdSense is a great way to start earning ad revenue. They are easy to set up, and their auto-optimization features make things easy for online business owners lacking in tech knowledge. Hopefully this article has given you a good overview of how to make money with Google AdSense.